Tuesday 25 December 2012

It's Christmas today!




Hello everyone!

First of all, I would like to wish you all a WONDERFUL and MERRY Christmas! May your day be filled with love, happiness, creativity and your loved ones! 

Today, I'd like to share with you the front page of my December Daily journal - a journal in which you create a page a day during the whole month of December. This concept was created by Ali Edwards.

The most important in this project is take a photo (or more!) a day and then, add them to your project!

This is what I used to create this album : 



First of all, what you have to do is prepare your album : cover the entire cover (outside only) with black chalkboard paint - it is very important that you let it dry for at least 12 hours.

Add several layers (I'd say 3) and let dry between each layer.

Once it's dry, you can start drawing and doodling with white chalk on your cover! It's VERY fun! :)


Then you have to embellish it!

What I did is cut the snowflake first, but I used my Big Shot to create the Snowflake Rosette into newspaper paper!

Simply add a thin layer of gesso onto a scrapbook newspaper -like paper and let it dry.

Grab your extended pads and your Snowflake Rosette and cut the design into the paper.

Fold and glue.

Then place it on your cover using 3D foam tabs.




What I love with BIGZ dies is that they cut into almost everything! Those Glitter papers are just amazing for this time of the year - it's festive, fun and adds sparkle and joy to any kind of project!

I cut my Tattered Poinsettia flowers die into my Silver Glitter paper and love it!

Simply use them in several different pages, not to overwhelm the eyes too much with too much glitter, and then it's going to be perfect! :)



Voilà!

Are you making a December Daily album too? I want to see :)
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Céline


1 comment: