Wednesday 15 May 2013

In the Frame!


I know that I have been harping on about the Susan's Garden collection of 3D flower dies from Sizzix but I make no apologies whatsoever because they are Amazing to work with and the results are always first class. This week I thought I would post some simple instructions using the dogwood flower set. I have used it in a slightly different way to which it was intended which is fine because if it looks great it is great, end of story!

I wanted to decorate a picture frame for my Mum keeping to a very simple colour palette and here is how I began........

I started by gathering together my Tool Kit and die set next I cut the flowers and stamen from white card and the leaves from green card. I used a Memento dye ink pad to add a little colour to the edges of the petals, chalks also work well for applying colour.


I used my stylus tools and molding mat to soften the card and form into a more naturalistic petal shape (see Instructions by following this link). Next attach both sets of petals using PVA and use a stylus to form the stamen.


Add PVA glue to the tips of the stamen and dip into Lemon Flower Soft (or pale green if preferred) and once dry, mount into the centre of the flower.


Add a little depth to the colour of the leaves using Dark brown and blue Distress inks to give a more naturalistic appearance. Next, use the leaf tool to add a vain down the centre of the leaf and use the stylus tools to form the edges. Pinch each leaf at the end which attaches to the flower and attach to the back of the flower using PVA glue.


Repeat this process a dozen times (actually, you would do them all together in a mini production line!) and attach to your frame.



No comments:

Post a Comment