Monday 14 October 2013

cotton reels quilt




Today I want to share a quilt I made over the summer that is now in a magazine (Love Patchwork and Quilting, you can find more details on how to get a copy here). The blocks in this quilt are made from strips - strips you can use your big shot to cut. As you already know, I love the 2.5" strip die and I use it an awful lot. This quilt is also made with 2.5" strips - so you know I used it to speed up the cutting process!

cotton reels

I love to be able to save as much time as possible with my cutting, because it's the boring bit. I'd much rather be piecing a quilt than cutting out a gazillion bits.

I have a baby quilt to make this week, I think I'm going to use either the chevron or a half square triangle to make a simple zig zag from this pretty stack of fabrics (they're all from Art Gallery Fabrics - various collections). Not sure which will win...but I could make things really fast and use the 2 hour quilt top tutorial I posted a while ago. That would be fast, wouldn't it? I'll keep you posted and hopefully have a finished quilt next week!


Added a couple more prints. Think I'm happy now.

No comments:

Post a Comment