Wednesday 21 November 2012

Ideal home show for Christmas


Last week I was invited to participate with a presentation at the Christmas Craft Theatre at the Ideal Home Show in London. The Ideal Home show is an event that takes place at the Earls Court exhibition centre and while the Christmas event takes place in November and it is a recent addition, the original Ideal Home show takes place in March and has been going on for more than a hundred years!
Of course I chose to showcase Sizzix! These were the projects I demonstrated:


They are all made with tim Holtz dies as the brief was Christmas crafting, I choose some of his latest dies. One of them is now part of my ATFCP - All Time Favourite Craft Product! - the Tattered Poinsettia die with the matching Texture Impression embossing folder.

You can see as well that I did some boxes using another of my favourite dies from the last release, which is the Pillowbox, also one of Tim's designs. It makes making a pillowbox a treat rather than something time consuming and hard to achieve.


One of the poinsettias ended up as a candle decoration. I attached the fabric (green polyester and white 100% cotton coloured with red distress inks) to cardstock to give it a bit of stability.

 

The lovely Leonie Pujol was the demonstrator just before me. I have known Leonie for quite a few years now, but since she moved out of London I havent since her that often. It was so great to get to see her in action in real life (and not through the TV!) She is so talented and such an inspirational person, one of the true greats of our little craft industry.


And on Sunday, Leonie was off, so Laurence Llewelyn Bowen did his thing just before me. The man is so funny and such a show man. I enjoyed it! But it was a bit daunting going on stage after him.


The show has such a lovely Christmas feel to it, with many Carol singers including a gospel choir.


The view from tthe first floor was amazing. Now I am full in the spirit of the Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment