Tuesday 25 June 2013

So Much More Than Paper...


Today I want to share with you some home decor ideas using the new Big Shot Starter Kit. It is so easy to forget that as useful as the Big Shot is for creating cards and scrapbook layouts, it is capable of creating so much more...my ideas are relatively simple and I am certainly not an expert when it comes to stitching but that goes to show that if I can achieve projects like this then anyone can!



 The heart used here to decorate the cotton reel was cut out of an old cork tile, I thought it may struggle going through the Big Shot but I needn't of worried!



Butterfly Frames are all over the high street and this one uses the Butterfly from the Bigz die in the Starter Kit which is a really useful size and gorgeous shape. I have cut out 9 different materials including cork, craft metal, fabric, sandpaper, thick felt, marquetry wood, tissue paper and leather.


To create this simple appliquéd cushion couldn't be easier. Attach iron on adhesive to the reverse of your chosen fabric and then using the Bigz die in the Starter Kit cut out a series of hearts. Peel off the backing and then use the iron to secure into position as shown above. Leave one space empty and simply draw around a die-cut heart shape with a light pencil mark. 


Fill the inside of your drawn heart shape with different sized buttons sewn on with neutral coloured thread.
I have created a very random running stitch, deliberately (honestly!) inaccurate around the perimeter of each heart shape using a deep yellow thread. Obviously all of these items can be created in colours to suit your home, maybe use remnants of curtain fabric that you have or scraps of left over wallpaper to tie the items in with your home.

I really hope that you like my ideas, have fun crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment