Friday 20 December 2013

Christmas Wreath - Merry Christmas from Finn!


Hi, I hope you are ready for celebrating Christmas!
As always I'm not ready! I have no idea how it is possible but there is always some last minute shopping, decorating, some very urgent projects that need to be finished...this year I was running like crazy to get some proper Christmas decorations for our new home: tree, lights, candles - and of course I needed something for my front door - a wreath!
Honestly saying - prices of ready-to-go wreaths were highly discouraging... and the quality of them would be also a matter to discuss! So I decided to buy plain, natural (and discounted!) wreath and decorate it myself!

I started with a simple set: scissors, hot glue gun, pine cones, some red berries and otdor lights...but very soon my mighty Sizzix Big Shot came in and cutting has started!


(yeah, you can see my not-the-best-photo taken by my husband - work in progress!)

I decided to use burlap, few of my 12x12 Resist Canvas Sheets from Prima and brand new Tim Holtz Sizzix Bigz XL Die - Jumbo Tattered Florals (659441) - just perfect for my needs!





Flowers are really big and super easy to cut - Bigz Dies will go through layers of fabric, thin metal, wood, felt, chipboard - just name it! I cut out my elements from different sheets of Resist Canvas to get more interesting effect - and after spraying them with colorful mists and gluing them with hot glue gun I finished each flower with a selection of my Prima Mechanicals. 



This way I got a perfect Christmas decoration for my front door - with a bit of personal touch! Simple, not expensive, fast. What can be better?

If you like this project - and new Tim Holtz Jumbo Tattered Florals Bigz XL Die (659441) I have a good news for you! Here you can see a great video showing how you can use BigZ Dies and these particular grungy flowers - and what is even better - this product will be available is your local stores in January 2014!

Happy Christmas to you all!
Finn

1 comment:

  1. wow, amazing your final result Anna, wondelful home made wreath with a little help from Tim Holz haha, I wish you and your famlily a merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy and Creative New-Year, Jeannette

    ReplyDelete