Thursday 8 January 2015

Very quick flower quilt


I know this will look like a cheat - it's quick because it is only 50cm square - it's a quilt for my grand daughter Abi, it's her 4th birthday next week and I've bought her a dolls bed - so I had to make a little quilt -
As you can guess she likes pink and purple.
 As I mentioned last week I really like this die http://www.sizzix.co.uk/product/659960/sizzix-bigz-die-flower-4 - so it was an easy choice. the fabrics are all from my stash/scraps - I fused adhesive web to the back of the fabrics and cut 2 sets of flower, centre and leaves from each fabric.
I cut 2 pieces of white fabric and 1 piece of wadding - 52cms square - and stitched them all together - leaving a portion of one side open - so that the quilt could be turned right side out. I slip stitched the open edges together.
I then randomly arranged the flowers, centres and leaves, and fused them in place.
All that remained was to machine stitch the flowers, centres and leaves in place using a straight stitch.
All that remains is to make a little pillow - and it's complete.
So how have I got on with sorting the sewing room? Well it's not completely sorted - but I can see a lot of the carpet now, and the piles of things to be sorted are diminishing - so I hope it will be one last push this weekend.
One problem that has emerged from all this sorting and tidying is that I have found quite a few unfinished projects, and lots more that haven't yet been started yet - so I need to exercise some discipline and get these stitched before starting lots of lovely new things! I'll keep you updated with progress.
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment