Monday 2 March 2015

Vintage Dresden Quilt Top



Hello Sizzix friends! I'm back this month sharing my completed Dresden quilt top, yippee! This was so fun seeing it all come together finally.


I finished hand appliquéing the final blocks over the weekend, which I've been beavering away on for quite a while now and thoroughly enjoying it. I pieced the quilt top together on Sunday, joining the blocks together to form rows, then joining the rows together. Now I had planned on doing a 4 x 4 layout with 16 blocks in total, however after laying them out I decided it was big enough this size.


I used a real scrap-happy collection of fabrics which I'm completely in love with!


It needs a good press now, and I must decide on how I plan to finish it. Do I add a border? Scrappy/one colour? Binding choices? Scalloped border edge finish? Yep. I think the scalloped edge sounds good. I'll have a think if there's a Sizzix die I can use to make that job a little easier ;-) See you next month, and be sure to follow along on Instagram using the hashtag #SizzixDresdenQuilt / you can find me @messyjesse1

Sizzix Die-Cuts:
Dresden Plate, Large // SKU: 659847
Bigz Circle 4inch // SKU: A10211

No comments:

Post a Comment