Tuesday 21 April 2015

Two love birds on one lay-out




Welcome on the Sizzix blog today!

I absolutely adore the new Bigz Die Birds
It was just perfect to make a lay-out about two love birds: my parents, who still love each other deeply after 24 years of marriage.
I decided to make a tribute to their love using these birds and some other dies from Sizzix. 


I cut out the two birds with the Bigz Die Birds. I cut out both birds twice from two different sheets of paper, so that I could give both birds wings. The standing bird actually looked to the other side, but I turned it over and used the reverse side. In that way, both birds were looking at my photo.


I cut out small circles from black paper and used them, together with tiny white pearls, as the eyes of the birds. 


For the border below my photo I used several dies. The circles were cut out with one of the Sizzix Framelits Circles dies. I made the flowers and branches with the Thinlits Floral Wreath set. This is such a cute set of dies, which are perfect for adding some bright and cheery details to your projects.


Finally, I also used the Thinlits Handwritten Love dies to add the title 'Together' to my lay-out.


I hope you liked my blogpost.
Have a wonderful Tuesday!

In Dutch:
Welkom op het Sizzix blog vandaag!

Ik ben helemaal weg van de Bigz Die Birds
Deze stans bleek ook perfect voor een lay-out over twee love birds: mijn ouders, die na 24 jaar huwelijk nog steeds gek op elkaar zijn.
Ik besloot een aandenken aan hun liefde te maken met deze vogeltjes en nog een paar andere stansen van Sizzix.

De twee vogels zijn uitgesneden met de Bigz Die Birds. Ik heb beide vogels twee keer uitgesneden uit twee verschillende vellen papier, zodat ik de vogels ook nog vleugels kon geven. De staand vogel keek eigenlijk de andere kant op, maar ik heb hem omgedraaid en de achterkant van de gestanste vogel gebruikt. Zo kon ik ervoor zorgen dat beide vogels naar de foto keken. 

Ik sneed ook kleine cirkeltjes uit zwart papier en heb ze, samen met witte parels, gebruikt als ogen van de vogels.

Voor de rand onder mijn photo heb ik verschillende stansen gebruikt. De cirkels zijn uitgesneden met één van de Sizzix Framelits Circles dies. Ik heb de bloemen en takjes gemaakt met de Thinlits Floral Wreath set. Dit is zo'n schattige stansset en de stansen zijn perfecct voor een vrolijk detail op je creaties. 

Ten slotte heb ik nog de Thinlits Handwritten Love dies gebruikt om de titel 'Together' toe te voegen aan mijn lay-out.

Ik hoop dat jullie mijn blogpost leuk vonden.
Fijne dinsdag!

3 comments:

  1. What a special layout to your parents Romy! It looks lovely, love the sweet birds you have created with the dies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the dragonflies and the birds!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty page my friend!! :-)

    ReplyDelete