Monday 30 April 2012

Big Shot to the rescue!

 by Pete Hughes


This Thursday the 3rd of May, I will be flying off to the Czech Republic to give a series of Sizzix workshops for our fantastic distributor, Davona.

I designed the card to feature a number of different technologies including Bigz, Framelits, decorative strips and Textured impressions. The next job was to get enough card to create 106 workshops, cut it to size and place it into bags together with illustrated step by step instructions which have first been translated into Czech.


Here is the card all ready to go, I've checked and double checked that everything that needs to be done is done and I'm sitting back quite pleased with myself when I realise that I have forgotten one key element....... Sanding blocks, I forgot to order sanding blocks to use with the Co'ordinations cardstock, OOPS!

That's when inspiration strikes like a bolt of lightning!


I've got some 4mm thick foam board and some sheets of fine sandpaper, so I'll stick them together with spray glue and cut my own sanding blocks. I'm not going to use a craft knife and ruler, that would be too easy, so I dug out some of my favorite basic shapes dies and 5 minutes later.....



Thank you Big Shot, don't know how I'd get through the day without you x

No comments:

Post a Comment