Sunday 1 April 2012

Smash book. First Spread

 By Paula Pascual 


Today I am sharing the first spread of my 2012 smash book. Since I love snow and we had some at the begining of the year, I decided to star the book with some photos of it.



Because I had plenty of photos, this spread was led by the placing of the photos. Once I was happy with them I started die cutting and decorating.


The snowman is a bigz die which means that it cut felt like butter!


For the hat I wanted to replicate the hat on the picture which was a red plastic bucket. The easiest way was to emboss it using Wow's Apple red embossing powder. I love their embossing powders, the colours are great.


I finished to embellish the Snowman with buttons and black crystals. The journalling sot was created with the damask Frame framelit and by drawing some lines across.


In the opposite page I added a heart and a vintage lace strip.


And then I added this vellum snowflake that I cut and emboss with a Basic Grey for Sizzix embosslit.


To attach the letters (cut using the Alphabetical die) I used low tack to keep them in place. Then applied PVA or tacky glue with a fine applicator.


Position the low tack tape in place, rub gently over the letters and let the glue dry in place. then I lifted the low tack tape.


I know these pages will not win me any design award, but that is the beauty of Smah books, you are free to create pages that capture your memories, photos and memorabilia, design only comes second!

No comments:

Post a Comment