Friday 11 May 2012

Gift ideas with Framelits

Hi!
I hope you had a wonderful creative week - I had!
I was lucky to travel a lot and teach classes in Australia, invited by one of the shops there. The atmosphere was just wonderful: I met friendly, talented people and we had great time together. Now I'm back home agaibn...and I've got small gifts for my friends and family. Of course - each gift needs a proper packaging... so why not creating one by myself, using one of the great new Framelites sets - Sizzix Framelits Die Set - Frame, Fancy Oval (657902)? It's inspiring, easy and fun in one: all you need is a bit of time, some paper scraps and doilies, gesso, 3D adhesive, piece of twine, some embellishments and Glossy Accents from Ranger.
Ready? Go!



I started wth a plain brown bag, vintage book sheet and some paper scraps. I layered the doilies and book sheet on the paper bag and painted it on the top with a quite random coat of gesso. 




My next step was cutting out the Oval Frame elements from scraps of double-sided thick patterned paper. I decided to use paper which would go nicely with the vintage style of the bag. 



I cut the biggest frame into 2 pieces and started thinking about a composition on my background using the cut-out elements I had. Finally I finished with 2 ovals, 2 pieces of big frame, a small frame and a heart. 




Using 3D foam adhesive I placed all the elements in the desired places. I sprayed the composition with tea stain and black mist and aded the embellishments and twine. 



Here you cen see the final effect - I've used Glossy Accents to make a clear coat on the paper heart and some decorative dots on the frame too. I used a lot of non-traditional embellies on this project - I wanted to get aspecial mixed-media look. 






As a final touch I splashed the project with green paint and added green and white twine - this color matched the green shade on the heart perfectly!

My bag is ready, waiting to be given to the special person:) I hope she will enjoy the present as much as I enjoyed the time spent on creating the bag! I really love the effectI got using this elegant frame!
Whishing you a wonderful weekend
Finn

4 comments: