Wednesday 9 May 2012

Little Red House



In Finland we have Mother's Day 13th of May. I made this card for my grandma, because I know how much her little red house means to her. Next week she will be 90 years old and she is still able to live on her own.

This House Die is so neat. You can open the door and hide your message inside the house!
The house is cut with ScoreBoards XL Die - Gift Card Holder, House (657378) and you also need a pair of extended cutting pads with this die.


So first you need to cut your "card base" and fold it in half. I used red card stock for my card base. Then you can cut and trim different parts of the house from different materials and attach them to your house shaped card base.


I also made a little heart shaped hole to the door with a help of a Framelits Die Set - Hearts (657561). With Framelits Dies you can see what you cut. With a help of a post-it note you can keep your die locked in place during the cutting. I use this trick all the time.





You can add some really nice embellishments to your house. I decorated mine with Flowers, 'cause my grandma is crazy about flowers. Flowers are cut with Decorative Strip Die - Tattered Flower Garland (657824).


Flowers look pretty nice, don't you think? The Tattered Flower Garland Die is perfect 'cause there is so many different sized flowers and leaves. And the cat button is definitely my favorite part of the card! It looks a bit frightened and that's why I placed it on the roof. My grandma loves cats too.


And look there is a little mouse running in the bottom of the card. I bet my grandma will really really like this card. :-)

1 comment: