Wednesday 1 January 2014

It's a wrap!



'It's a wrap!' as they say in Hollywood. That's it for 2013, and it's time to usher in the next one. I have been working with the new Sizzix collections for the last month, so I know that's there is plenty to excite die cutting fans in 2014.

The title of this blog is also a play on words as it refers to the visual pun on the card. I adore brown paper gift wrap, it's so iconic and I love it teamed with string and Kraft card tags....Classic!

I used one of my favourite alphabet dies, namely the Block Talk Bigz XL by Tim Holtz which is an investment you won't regret, trust me! (never trust anyone who says 'Trust me'..... except for me of course!)

I started out by attaching gold glitter card to a piece of chipboard and die cutting my numbers ( I made this card last year and I have been keeping it till today, hence 2013). Next, I took a rectangle of brown paper, scrunched it in a ball and inked the edges before curling the ends of two strips of red card to look like ribbon.


I took the red card strips and attached them to the centre of the base card before mounting the brown paper.


Finally, I attached the numbers using thin strips of 3D foam pads. Simple!



Happy New Year!

Many thanks to those of you who follow my blog, I love writing it every week as it keeps me on my creative toes, I look forward to sharing any new ideas, tips and great die cutting inspiration with you all in 2014.









No comments:

Post a Comment