Friday 3 January 2014

Masculine page with girly Sizzlits? - 1964


Hi and all the best for the New Year!
I started 2014 as always - super busy, preparing samples for CHA and trying to work on new projects for the coming year. I always have tons of ideas and plans - and usually not enough time to do half of them :) Life is life - you just have to smile and try harder, right?

Today I'm sharing with you one of my favorite projects from the last days - mixed media scrapbooking page about one of my uncles - I loved this old photo from the fist sight and I just had to do something with it - of course! As I'm obsessed with layering last days pieces of my favorite Sizzix cut-outs were very helpful!



As you can see I went for more "grungy" look this time and I'm so very happy with the final result! A lot of Archival Ink, Neutral 7 Dots Studio paper (9th Wave) and a lot of Stamping and layering was just what I needed!



You can see 2 Sizzix Sizzlits Dies used on this project: they look pretty girly in the first moment...but hey, some cutting, ink and right layering and they are perfect match for this project! 
- 658506 - Sizzix Sizzlits Die - Vintage Doily
- 658502 - Sizzix Sizzlits Die - Flower, Daisy 

So maybe it is time to have a second look at your stash and it is possible you will find a lot of inspiring, sometimes surprising designs!
Sending best wishes
Finn

No comments:

Post a Comment