Friday 26 December 2014

Fast Friendship Braids







Merry Christmas Everyone!

I hope you are all enjoying the festivities of the season.  I am sure by the time this goes out, I'll be happily hiding in my studio from the temptations of chocolates and cake!

Just before Christmas I managed to run up a quick cushion for a friend.  Definitely a mornings work well done, even if I do say so myself!

I used the following:

657900 Sizzix Big Shot Machine
658880 Sizzix Bigz 5" Half Hexagon Die

For the cushion I used a total of 60 half hexagons cut from a selection of coordinating fat quarters.

To start off the braid you need to get the shape started as follows:


Using a 1/4" seam allowance stitch that first partial seam



Press, and you are ready to add the next half hex


keep adding


Until you have a friendship braid that is the length you need


The braid is 6 1/2" wide, so I made a set of 3 for my cushion


Square up the ends


in no time at all I had a pretty cushion ready for gifting


I hope you'll have a go at this really quick friendship braid, 
wouldn't it make a really cute baby quilt? 

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas
and a Happy Creative New Year!




1 comment: