Wednesday 17 December 2014

The Magnificent Seven


I loved that film when I was a kid! It was always to be found in the festive TV schedule usually on a Sunday afternoon between Christmas and New Year. In this context however it is the most spurious title I have used this year and as regular readers will know, it has some stiff competition.

I wanted to set myself a challenge again this week. The challenge was to create a number of different 'Quick Make' cards for last minute emergencies (we always forget someone!). I also wanted to use the same set of dies namely the marvellous Paper Snowflakes Thinlits set from Tim Holtz winter collection. I also used a couple of stamp sets the Christmas Reindeer set from Darkroom Door (DRD). The 'Let it Snow' stamp is from my stamp stash and I'm afraid I can't remember where it comes from!

The reason that the title of this blog falls a little short is that ....... I only made six cards, OOOOPS!!

.....and they are not that magnificent really, but I like 'em!

They are as I said quick makes and it is pretty self evident how they were created so I did away with my usual step-by-step images and just added a few simple instructions to each picture, I hope they show a little bit of versatility for such a simple die set, I could have kept going for ages.... maybe one more would have been nice?













2 comments:

  1. These are lovely cards, Pete. Pity you didn't make the 'Magnificent Seven' - perhaps they can be the 'Big Hero Six' instead? Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a very special birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big Hero 6, I like it! Where are you when I'm thinking up these titles? Thanks Wendy, I hope you and yours have a great Christmas too.

    ReplyDelete