Tuesday 27 March 2012

Smash book project

 By Paula Pascual 


One of this year long projects is for me to make a smash book about all the places I go to, even places like the village next to us. As much as I love scrapbooking and mini albums, I always seem to forget to really forget to document what I do. Usually I keep my layouts design based so I really fancied doing something that really keeps my memories first and my design/crafting elements are secondary. Still, I love to create and design so that will still be fairly important!


So today I will share the inside title page.
I die cut the Numbers, Vintage lace and Hearts using papers from the Basic Grey Out of Print collection.


 My first thoughts were to make it rather clean looking, but then I decided to have fun with this one page since I did not have many photos or memorabilia to incorporate. So, I decided on hand stamp without an acrylic block this large unmounted stamp from Hero Arts. The writing pattern goes well with the papers that I selected for the die cuts.


 This is a small trick that I use all the time for positioning. Very often (if not always) I lay elements together and only at the very last moment I start gluing them. That means that I have to lift some elements in order to glue the other layers, or to stamp anything underneath. For that I use low tack tape (not masking tape, it rips most papers) which will keep the right positioning and will make it a breeze to attach them at the end. To glue the numbers I just use small amount of PVA glue while they were on the tape and then positioned them in place and press over them. After a few minutes you can remove the low tack tape safely.


Use the left overs as mask and dab gently colour pastels - I love Pan Pastels! - or chalks -which are much less intense.
 

To add texture and a bit of sparkle, I glittered the first 2 using StarDust Stickles. Then I added the photo.





I finally added the subtitle - Olympic Year, cut with the Inside Out alphabet. Last thing, make sure that you seal the pastels with a sealant, I love DecoArt Matt Acrylic Sealant spray.

Hopefully along the following months I will be able to share the pages that I am doing. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment