Wednesday 2 January 2013

Simple scrapbooking layout with embossed and die-cut elements





Happy New Year! 

Is there a better way to begin a new year than make a scrapbooking layout?

I hope you had a nice and relaxing Christmas and also had the opportunity to take a lot of pictures to scrap. I had my camera in my hand almost all the time during holidays and was lucky to get some nice pictures of my kids. In this layout I used one of them. I wanted to highlight the photo so I decided to leave the page quite simple. Title ‘Aika’ means ‘Time’ so therefore I decorated the layout with embossed clock images.
 



Items used:
 Here's is how I made it:

First I cut the cream coloured patterned paper to size 25 cm x 25 cm, inked the edges, and attached it on the patterned paper with printed words. Then I prepared the background for the photo: Using Textured Impressions Embossing folder ‘Clocks’ I embossed clock images on white cardstock. I highlighted the embossed pattern by rubbing purple stamping ink on the embossed image. I adhered the embossed panel, photo and some pieces of patterned papers on the background. Before gluing down the purple rectangle piece of patterned paper I die-cut a piece of scalloped-edge border, and attached it under the purple paper.

The title is die-cut from thin corrugated cardstock. I covered the letters with purple Glimmer Glaze and glued on the page. Also the heart's wings are cut from corrugated cardstock – printing paper boxes are a perfect material for scrapbooking! I painted the inner heart with Glimmer Glaze before gluing on the top of the page.

I embellished the layout with a die-cut hydrangea and a piece of die-cut zig zag border. After writing a short journaling text the page was finished!




I wish you all the best for year 2013. I hope the days will be filled with inspiration!

Love,










No comments:

Post a Comment