Thursday 14 November 2013

A quick quilt for Christmas




So I was sorting out my sewing room - again - I'm sure I don't really leave it so very messy - but the reward for all my effort was to uncover a fat quarter bundle of Tula Pink's Prince Charming fabric.
  It has been waiting to be used since I bought it at Festival of Quilts last year ( yes I know 18 months ago!!) I then found some peach coloured fabric to co-ordinate and my quick quilt plan was born -

Using my Big Shot, and Bigz die 65762, I cut lots of 5" unfinished squares from the Prince Charming fat quarters -I'm not sure yet whether to use the peach as sashing between the squares or to cut it into squares as well. So this evening I am going to lay it out on the floor to see which I prefer - and then I'm going to piece it and either tie the corners or sew buttons on - instead of traditional quilting - which will also save time. I intend to time how long this quilt takes me to make - so that I can encourage you all that it's not too late to make gifts for Christmas!
That's all for this week - next week will be a quilting blog hop - with 5 of us publishing a blog one day of the week - how exciting - I can't wait to see what the others will do - which also means that news of this quilt will be delayed - so you can see completion in 2 weeks time.
Enjoy your weekend.
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment