Saturday 23 November 2013

Window Box Card and Frame



I have a couple of projects to share today. I used the Window Box ScoreBoards die make a card and frame.

Although ScoreBoards dies are designed to cut and score matboard, you can also use them to cut paper. I trimmed the window down a bit to fit on the A-2 card. The base of the card is made using aqua shimmer paper then a window was cut from heavy off white paper and placed on top of pretty patterned paper. The sentiment is stamped under the window. For fun I added some pompom trip for a window valance and tied twine in the fold of the card.

The flower is a piece from the same die and is cute from some coordinating paper. A button is added as the flower center.



You will need:

658452  Sizzix ScoreBoards XL Die - Window Box
657115  Sizzix Bigz Die - Flower, 3-D Fringed
657718  Sizzix Sizzlits Die Set 3PK - Birds & Butterflies Set
656491  Sizzix Little Sizzles - 6" x 13" Mat Board Pack, 6 Cream Sheets

 

Before cutting the die, I trimmed the matboard to make a foldover panel. to I used my Gelli Plate to build up layers of color on the matboard frame. After the paint dried, I lettered "Hope springs eternal" at the bottom of the frame and filled it in with Copic markers and white pen. I love how the white pen peps up the letters and create dimension and pop. 

Butterflies were cut from dictionary pages and inked around the edges, then adhered to the frame. I made a flower from about ten layers of sewing pattern tissue, then added some chalk ink to the edges of the flower petals and fluffed it up. A flower stem supports the flower. 

The second project never seemed to end- I kept adding layers and pieces! I am still not sure I like it- but it was a fun exercise to do. And to me, that is one of the best thing about creating something.

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you can take the time to create something fun this weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment