Wednesday 23 July 2014

Notepad dressed up


 
 
 
 
A few weeks ago I bought a small notepad (on sale) at a new favourite store. My idea was to have the pad stay on my work table and be the place where I jot down lists of various kinds so I was slightly disappointed when I couldn't remove the sales sticker from the front.
 
 
Since it is just a little pad I decided to dress up the front covering the sticker with a fairly simple design and not a lot of bulk.
 
 
I cut an ombre paper the same size as the notepad and then I die cut a white delicately patterned paper and a bright green cardstock using the Frameworks Die - Courtyard. I began by attaching the white die cut and then I used a roller stamp to stamp multiple sentiments haphazardly across the paper. Finally, I added a few green diamonds to the white die cut.
 
 
 
I liked the idea that the green diamonds stand out due to the fact that I didn't stamp on them. It adds some contrast to the entire project.
 
Supply list:
Notepad
Roller stamp (Hema)
Stickers (Søstrene Grene)
VersaFine, black ink
Paper (American Crafts)
Cardstock
 
---o---
 
For et par uger siden købte jeg en lille notesblok i en ny favoritbutik med den intension, at den skulle bo på mit skrivebord, så jeg kunne bruge den til diverse lister. Derfor var min skuffelse også stor, da jeg ikke kunne fjerne tilbudsklistermærket.
 
Løsningen blev at give blokken en ny og relativt enkel forside uden at tilføje for mange lag til den.
 
Jeg skar et stykke papir i samme størrelse som notesblokken, og derefter udstansede en hvid og en hidsig grøn figur ud med Frameworks Die - Courtyard. Først limede jeg den hvide figur fast, og stemplede med et rullestempel mere eller mindre tilfældigt over en stor del af forsiden. Herefter monterede jeg nogle af de grønne diamanter, hvilket gav en fin kontrast, fordi de ikke er blevet stemplet på.
 
Ingredienser:
Notesblog
Rullestempel (Hema)
Klistermærker (Søstrene Grene)
VersaFine, black ink
Papir (American Crafts)
Karton

No comments:

Post a Comment