Thursday 9 July 2015

Flowers a plenty part 2




Today I've had fun embellishing the printed flowers from last week - I had hoped to complete it this week,  but I still have a lot to it.
I began by cutting lots of flowers and leaves in net, in similar colours to the printed flowers -
 and Bigz die Flower Layers & Leaves by Dena Designs™ 657690
The idea is to create some 3D flowers in the net, or maybe just to layer them flat on top of the printed flowers. I'm also going to add embroidery, and some beads.

I began with the large pink flowers at the bottom of the fabric and decided to use large lazy daisy embroidery stitches to give definition on some and then added 2 layers of net to another and stitched in place with long single stitches -
I folded net daisy like flowers folded in 4 on the yellow leaf shapes, and stitched them in place with small green lazy daisies -
and on the blue and lilac daisies I added 2 layers of matching net daisies and stitched beads in the middle of each flower to secure - they remind me of clematis.
 
Now this is where I'm not sure what is going to happen next - I'm thinking of some smaller embroidery on some of the blue flowers and some stitching on the leaves but I'm not sure if net will feature on the leaves.
As this is as far as I've got you're going to have to wait until next week to see how far I've progressed and how it's taking shape.
Now I'm about to sit out on my sun-baked patio and enjoy the new plants we have ready for my husband to plant in the border of the front garden, and a cup of tea.
Until next week - enjoy the summer and have fun with some sewing.
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment