Friday 14 September 2012

All in white - embossed journal background

Hi there friends!
Today I'm still in the white mood - probably the wedding is still on my mind, LOL! I've decided to create a white journal page based on the amazingly beautiful Sizzix Textured Impressions Embossing Folders 2PK - Bohemian Lace Set (657811) ... it is impossible not to fall in love with these patterns! 
When I only looked at them I knew it will be a perfect background for a delicate journal page - all in whites and shades of gray and brown... what can be better than that? To finalize my plan I used: 
- Sizzix Textured Impressions Embossing Folders 2PK - Bohemian Lace Set (657811) 
- Sizzix On the Edge Die - Distressed Doily (657496)
- Ranger inks: Distress Ink Vintage Photo and Distress Stains: Brushed Pewter and Tarnished Brass (both new release from Tim Holtz), White Opal Liquid Pearls.
- Gesso, some glue, thread and a piece of veil
- and scraps of almost white patterned paper: 7 Dots Studio - "Domestic Goddess" collection.

Let's start -the inspiration - my friend's journal...




I embossed the scraps of paper using Bohemian Lace set - I did it quite randomly to get a bit more grungy look. I took some pieces of elegant white cardstock with some delicate pattern on it and cut out the  Distressed Doilies - and saved all the leftovers of course!




My next step was tearing the embossed papers into smaller pieces and covering the whole background of the journal, trying to be as close to the photo as possible. I used my favorite universal scrapbooking glue. I added some masking tape and cotton tape too. 



Then it was time for more layering: a Iadded scraps of Distressed Doilu cut outs and lots of small cutting leftovers. I covered everything with a thin coat of wwatery gesso - just to make the surface a bit more smooth and whitened.



Using my new Distress Stains I added the color to the edges of the composition. I applied a small amount of stain and rubbed it with my fingers to reveal more pattern. I love the delicate, metallic look!



Finally I placed a piece of veil on the top of the photo, some acrylic drops and loose thread and added loads of small pearl dots (Liquid Pearls - White Opal). I let it dry for about 20 minutes.



Here is the final result - finished journal page for my friend.
The text says: Princess is still sleeping.  Great lightness of existence... Time for big changes.





I hope you found some inspiration today - I promise to share more embossing ideas soon - my head is full of textured images now... who knows what may happen?:)
Sending you all best wishes!
Finn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment