Wednesday 12 September 2012

Self made stencils for misting projects



Happy Wednesday everyone,

Have you noticed that using spray mists has become increasingly popular among scrapbookers and paper crafters? They are so nice and easy to use! The selection of colours is huge, and I’m sure you will be able to find the perfect colour for every occasion.
For spray mist enthusiastics there are lots and lots of stencils available in the stores but you can easily create your own stencils using your Big Shot and Sizzix dies.

Instead of using a sheet of patterned paper I decided to decorate the layout background myself. I used a sheet of pure white cardstock and sprayed it with purple, turquoise and yellow mists to create a nice colour contrast to my black and white photo. For the alphabet stencil I die-cut some scrap paper slips with my favourite Decorative Strip die, then cut the strips in half, placed them side by side on my paper and sprayed with a purple Dylusions mist. Done!



Here’s a list of materials I used for this layout:




The rich mist colours inspired me to use colourful patterned papers and the end-result was a nice mixture of this and that. I’m not afraid of mixing products from different product lines on one single page and somehow even the strong various patterns tend to find their places on my layouts. In addition, I like to pile elements to create layered clusters and that’s the technique you can see on this layout, too.
 
Title: Satuhetki - Story Time
Journaling: You are a big fan of Lightning McQueen. Your sister wanted to delight you with 'reading' you your favourite book!
 
 
I hope you have a nice and colourful week,

No comments:

Post a Comment