Saturday 22 March 2014

Banner & Borders Venetian Card



Hi, it's Rachel here today with a card I created using the Sizzix Banner & Borders Thinlits Die #658788 along with Darkroom Door stamps and images.


When I first saw this die set, I knew it would work really well for borders on cards. This card is only showing one of the dies. There's actually 4 in the set, so it's a really versatile set. Here's how I created the card:

1. Stamp the Darkroom Door Tickets Background Stamp onto cream cardstock using Archival Coffee inkpad. Lightly sponge around the edges of the card using the same ink.
2. Die cut the swirl border from Banner & Borders Thinlits Die #658788 using Kraft Glassine paper. Adhere it underneath a Darkroom Door Venetian Filmstrip and attach to the card.
3. Cut a word from the Darkroom Door Venetian Wordstrips and mount onto dark brown cardstock. Adhere to the card using foam tape.


Such a quick card to make, but looks great! I love how these dies can use up little strips of paper too. I have lots of little strips of cardstock and patterned paper left over from projects and these dies are perfect for using them up!

Hope this has inspired you! Thanks for dropping by today!

Rachel

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, Rachel! I do love that ticket stamp ;) I have it and never came around to use it :;(

    Have a good Sunday!

    ReplyDelete