Wednesday 3 September 2014

116 Days....



.... 'til Christmas! you heard it here first folks! I know, I know, it's a bit early to be talking about Christmas although from conversations on my travels many of you have already made your cards or are about to start.

Believe me when I tell you I am the last person who needs reminding as I will turn 30 on Christmas Day...or was it 50, I can never remember!

This is the time of year when all the major Craft manufactures launch their festive ranges onto an unsuspecting public and we here at Sizzix are no different.

The range I want to talk about is Festive Arts designed by the prolific Ms. Potter. If you remember I introduced her woodland range to you last week. The range has a contemporary Nordic feel to it, and coincidentally I was demonstrating it among others in Norway a couple of weeks ago!

The set I used is a Thinlits Die Set called Christmas Trims #2 (659913) which is one of 6 sets in the range. I decided to make some simple mini card using the Christmas tree and robin/mistletoe dies. I started by die-cutting them from kraft card before die-cutting all the extra bits and bobs from green, red and gold card, trimming away the parts I needed with a craft knife and mounting them in place.

I attached rectangles of ivory corrugated card behind each assembled die-cut which are now ready to mount. I created a couple of small cards out of kraft card before cutting a couple of rectangles of patterned paper from Carta Bella's Merry & Bright 6 x 6 paper pad before gently sanding the edges to add a little definition. I attached both rectangles to their base cards using staples and stamped them using postage frank marks from one of my favourite Christmas stamp collections from the guys at Darkroom Door
Here are the finished cards, as you can see I replaced the adhesive pearl gem on the mistletoe with a wooden button threaded with natural twine. I love the way the dies dictate the style of card, a style which I am very happy to follow.












No comments:

Post a Comment