Tuesday 21 August 2012

Cake Slice Favor Boxes



Hi everyone! I'm here with a project for you from my Sweet Treats collection.
If you have a wedding, anniversary party, or other big event coming up that you need to make favor boxes for, the Box w/Lid, Cake Slice is a great one to use. You can fill it with candy, a small gift, a jewelry piece or whatever you can fit in there (box measures about 4 1/4" x 2" x 2") . This box is a ScoreBoard die specially designed to work with thick material like matboard and chipboard. It goes together really quickly and you can add so many special touches! 
This box was made in my favorite color, aqua. First, I cut the die out from white matboard. (The sheets are 12" x 12", so you just have to cut them in half so they will fit through the Big Shot.) 
You may not believe this, but you can emboss matboard! I started out in matting and framing and I can tell you, embossed matboard is very expensive. Now you can make your own!

Take the two triangular pieces and place them, one at a time, in a Textured Impressions embossing folder. You may feel a little extra resistance when rolling it through, but it comes out perfectly.
After you have embossed it, ink the raised portion of the design with a stamp pad. I use dye inks because they dry quickly.

Before assembling the project, make sure to fold each score line over 180 degrees so you break the fibers and it makes the project easier to assemble. Add strong double sided tape to all tabs and fold up into cake shape. 

I decorated the cake slices with a tissue paper flower I cut using the Sweet Treats for You Sizzlits set, Leaves Bigz die and swirl from the Birds and Butterflies. After cutting and layering a stack of tissue paper flowers, I fluffed them out to give dimension and added a brad, leaf and swirl and adhered to the cake slice with a glue dot. A rick rack border was cut from some cool aqua shimmer paper with the Borders & Hydrangea die. I placed the paper fold inside the die cut line to make a strip double the size. For  more detailed instructions, look here.


Can't believe it matched my dishes so well :-) 

Thanks for reading- see you in two weeks!

Eileen

No comments:

Post a Comment