Wednesday 31 October 2012

Cardmaking: Trifold card in red and blue





Happy Wednesday everyone,

I love colours. Especially during dark and rainy autumn days I like to work with patterned papers with rich and vivid colours. I enjoy challenging myself to use colour combinations out of my own comfort zone, and experimenting with different tints, shades and tones is always a lot of fun. However, strong basic colours are also a great source of inspiration. Primary colours, blue and red, inspired me to make these simple trifold cards:




Here’s a list of materials I used:

These cards are really quick and easy to make:

First I cut a rectangle sized 15 cm x 30 cm from white cardstock, and scored, cut and folded it (see template below).


 
 

 Then I cut 13 rectangle panels of blue and red cardstock: For each card you need 3 large panels (9,5 cm x 6,5 cm), 2 mid-sized panels (3,5 cm x 9,5 cm) and 8 small panels (4,5 cm x 3,5 cm).  Then I took one of the small folders in Peacock vine set and embossed 10 pieces of white cardstock with it. Using an ink applicator I inked the embossed images and cut them to a size slightly smaller than the red and blue panels. I attached the rectangle shaped inked images to the red and blue rectangles and adhere to the card base panels with two-sided tape.





The banners I stamped on white cardstock and then die-cut with the matching die. I punched small holes in the banner corners and pulled a piece of embroidery yarn through the corners. Before attaching the banners to the card with 3D foam stickers I made tiny knots to the yarn ends. I fixed the knots with a tiny drop of glue.




For the middle banner I printed the sentiment text on white cardstock and die-cut the image with my BigShot. After the middle banner was adhered to the card base my trifold card was finished!









Which basic colours will inspire you this week?

I wish you a nice week.
Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment