Wednesday 24 October 2012

Layout: Up! with embossed background image

 
Happy Wednesday everyone,
 

I’m a big fan of scrapbooking and cardmaking sketches. Very often I start working on a scrapbooking layout by browsing through sketches on the internet. Sometimes I follow the sketch very closely and sometimes I just pick up pieces here and there. And quite often it happens that the outcome does not resemble the sketch at all. I just used it to get myself in the creative mood  :).

This layout was made using a sketch I found at Basic Grey blog.




On my layout I placed the vertical centerpiece a bit lower, put the photo on the left side and removed the journaling tags. Also title positioning was a bit different. But you can still recognize this sketch when looking at my layout, right? 




 

Here’s a list of materials I used:

Using both folders in the Textured Impressions set I started by embossing the flower images on white cardstock. I inked the large flower images with green and blue Distress inks and embellished them with blue flower-shaped brads. The other embossed flower images were inked and then cut into 2 cm wide strips. Those were going to be used for the vertical picture panel background.




The background paper needed a bit darker tone so I sprayed it with green mist. When the mist was dry I mixed white acrylic paint with water, put dots of wet paint on the background edge and tilted the paper vertically. This created a nice paint dripping effect on the background.  When the paint was dry I added some more white paint on the background with a paint dabber. And white acrylic paint was also used for the background bubbles; I used a mist bottle cap for stamping the tiny circles. 




I like cutting embellishments out of patterned paper and the chevron pattern was just perfect for this purpose. The same pattern was used for the center piece and for the dragonfly. This patterned paper is really versatile, don’t you think!





For the dragonfly I cut a diamond shape out of green cardstock and then a slightly smaller diamond of light blue canvas. Those two were attached together by machine sewing with a straight stitch. Before adhering the dragonfly (with 3D foam stickers) I wrapped a piece of twine around the spool and glued the rest of the ribbon on the background. Gluing a ribbon on cardstock is done easiest by first drawing the path on the cardstock with liquid glue and then placing the ribbon on the glue. When working with glue and a ribbon try to keep your fingers clean, as the ribbon will very easily stick to the glue on your fingers and attaching the ribbon on the cardstock will get tricky!






The background patterned paper was a bit thin so I decided to attach it on a sheet of white cardstock. Before adhering I trimmed the edges a bit for creating a 0,5 cm white border around the page.  When the layout was finished I was very happy about the outcome. The embossed and inked flower panel gives a nice touch to the page, don’t you think? 


I wish you a nice week. 

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment