Friday 26 October 2012

Spooky or Sweet? - Halloween layout


Hi again Sizzix fans!
Halloween is almost here with all its ghosts, monsters, witches and other spooky characters. Although this tradition is not very popular in Poland we do love dressing up too and throw some nice parties on this time :) My today's creation is based on one of the "Halloween" photos - when for the crazy photo session I made with my friends I was dressed up like a character froma Mexican celebration called "Dia De Los Muertos" - and we really had some crazy fun then! (Actually, you can see my husband's face on this photo - I can't decide was he amused or thought we were totally crazy :))




Supply list for this project:
- 658289 - Sizzix Framelits Die Set 6PK w/Stamps - Banners
- 658294 - Sizzix Framelits Die Set 5PK w/Stamps - Labels, Old
- 657007Sizzix Movers & Shapers Accessory - Base Tray, L
- 657841Sizzix Movers & Shapers Magnetic Die Set 11PK - Cargo Stencil Number Set
- 657458Sizzix Movers & Shapers Magnetic Die Set 2PK - Mini Bat & Skull Set 
others:
- Ranger: Distress Walnut Stain Ink, Archival Jet Black Ink
- Tim Holtz: Tissue tape, alphabets, metal frame (idea-ology)
- 7 Dots Studio: Advert Collage Sheet
- Pink Paislee - spay resist papers
- masking tape, colorful sprays, 3D foam, thread, sewing machine, tea stain.


As you can see the whole layout is build on pany layers - tapes, papers, paint - all toghether is a background for a quite freestyle composition, where one of the most inportant elements are little labels and banners mounted on 3D foam - Framelits from Paula Pascual collections.
I colored the background and patterned papers by myslef - using colorful sprays.



Again I couldn't resist and I added some Tim Holtz Movers and Shapers stamping in the up-left corner too - Archival Ink worked great for that!



A little final touch was  a skull (Tim Holtz Movers and Shapers) which together with some gems was placed on the photo - and colored it... pink. Seriously - is there a better detail to finish tis page? ;) 



I hoped you liked my not very serious and traditional take on Halloween layout - I had great fun creating it for sure - and I wish you the same fun in the whole coming week!
See you soon!
Finn

No comments:

Post a Comment