Sunday 31 March 2013

Special Gift by Gerry



Hello Sizzix friends!
Happy Easter from my family to yours!
Today I have for you a little gift I made for somebody special.
I used the Pocket Watch Frame Die as a base and 
I hope you will like it and get inspired.
655268 Sizzix Big Shot machine
658571 Sizzix Movers & Shapers Bigz Die - Pocket Watch Frame
658356 Sizzix Embossing Folders - Rose Vines & Trellis Set
658701 Sizzix Framelits Die Set w/stamps- Word Labels
656938 Sizzix Movers & Shapers Bigz L Die - Tag & Bookplates


This is what I did:
1. I used peel cardboard 1.5 mm ( or you can use corrugated cardboard)
 to make your project stable and pattern paper of your choice. 
Both were die cut together....

2. As a result I had both inside circles almost cut.
I used a craft knife to cut them completely and separate them from the frame.

3. After that I die cut once again the Pocket Watch Frame but
this time using another pattern paper and I gave texture with 
the gorgeous Trellis embossing folder .
Then carefully sanded the embossed trellis.
N.B. If you use only pattern paper you don't 
get the "pre-cut" circle!

4. Now I have all three parts of my base and they are
ready to be adhered in the order as shown on the photo below....
Once everything is adhered you can sand the frame and
add e.g. Glossy Accents.

5. I die cut the oval Bookplate and used only the oval itself 
so I can stamp my quote.
N.B. I tried to use not too much ink so when I stamp it
it would look more vintage.
Now you can decorate with embellishments
of your choice!
OTHER PRODUCTS I USED:
Webster's Pages pattern paper
Webster's Pages bird resin 


Dutch Translation

Hallo Sizzix vrienden!
Vrolijk Pasen allemaal.
Vandaag laat ik een geschenk zien dat ik voor een bijzonder iemand heb gemaakt. 
Ik heb het Pocket Watch Frame Die als een basis gebruikt. 
Ik hoop dat jullie geïnspireerd  raken!

655268 Sizzix Big Shot machine
658571 Sizzix Movers & Shapers Bigz Die - Pocket Watch Frame
658356 Sizzix Embossing Folders - Rose Vines & Trellis Set
658701 Sizzix Framelits Die Set w/stamps- Word Labels
656938 Sizzix Movers & Shapers Bigz L Die - Tag & Bookplates


*  *  *
Dit is wat ik gedaan heb:
1. Ik heb pelkarton 1,5 mm (golfkarton mag ook) gebuikt om het project stabiel te maken, samen met patroonpapier dat je naar eigen keuze kan uitzoeken. Beiden zijn samen gestanst...

*  *  *
2. Het resultaat is dat de 2 binnenste cirkels bijna geheel uitgesneden zijn
Met een hobby mes heb ik ze helemaal uitgesneden en van het frame losgemaakt.
*  *  *
3. Daarna heb zakhorloge frame nog een keer gestanst, maar deze keer met patroonpapier. 
Vervolgens heb ik het ge-embossed met de prachtige Trellis embossing folder  
Met schuurpapier heb ik het reliëf bewerkt.
*  *  *
4. Nu heb ik alle 3 delen van mijn basis en zijn ze klaar om vastgemaakt te worden zoals getoond is op de foto. Zodra alles vastzit kun je het frame schuren en bijvoorbeeld de Glossy Accents toevoegen
*  *  *
5. Ik heb de ovale Bookplate gestanst en alleen het ovaal zelf gebruikt zodat ik mijn quote kan stempelen.

P.S. Ik heb geprobeerd om niet teveel inkt te gebruiken bij het stempelen zodat het er meer "vintage" uitziet. Nu kun je alles decoreren met de embellishments van je eigen keuze
*  *  *




Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment