Tuesday 8 May 2012

Can You tell what it is yet? (part 2)




Just back from the Czech Republic where I was teaching Sizzix workshops. It was a great trip, the people were really friendly and love all things Sizzix. Andrea, who was translating for me is a fabulous host and really generous with her time, patience and bananas which I live on during shows as there is little or no time for lunch!

While I was there I had the opportunity to hop on the tram and visit the Beautiful city of Prague, which is simply stunning. If you are contemplating a city break or a romantic getaway I couldn't think of a better destination.

A couple of weeks ago I posted a back to basics blog, showing what can be achieved using just a set of Framelit circle dies (657551), some basic cardstock and a hole punch. This week I'm adding some fancy edged scissors. This week, it's a Dinosaur.


Gather your materials together and cut your circles then lay the dies back onto the die cut circles and cut again to create the two types of shape which we will be working with which I like to call the crescent and leaf shapes.


Take one die cut circle and cut roughly in half using the fancy edged scissors, also use a hole punch to cut a couple of small, black dots. Put two crescents together to form the dinosaurs body and cut one of the crescents in half to make the legs.


Put all the elements together and cut some red triangles with a pair of scissors as shown to decorate the dinosaur. Couldn't be easier and great for colourful kids cards

If you like the techniques used why not go to the Community section on the Sizzix website, click on Die Cutting 101 and go to the Simple Shapes projects to find many more creative ways of using circle dies.

No comments:

Post a Comment