Saturday 14 September 2013

Shopping Bag Mini-Album



I bought a Gelli Plate the other day and went a little crazy making papers. So I decided to make a tiny mini-album using a piece from my Coupon/Mini Shopping Bag die and add the Gelli papers inside. It goes together super fast, which leaves you more time for the fun part- embellishing!


Here are some of the papers I made. I used my embossing folders on the Gelli plate to give pattern and dimension. I also have all of the pieces I trimmed off and am saving them for accents on future projects.

You will need:

658055  Coupon/Mini Shopping Bag ScoreBoards die by Eileen Hull
658053  Flower Layers with Heart Petals by Eileen Hull
657119  Leaves  by Eileen Hull
658458  Jar Labels set by Eileen Hull
656491  Little Sizzles Matboard, cream
657900  Big Shot

painted paper strips 4 1/4" x 8 1/2", twine for book binding 12" each, inks, gold paint pen, brad, seam binding ribbon
Here is one of the sayings I wrote in the book:




I highlighted the edges of the album and pages with gold paint pen. I just think that adds such a rich and subtle texture to the pages. To assemble the book, I tied signatures into the spine and knotted on the outside. You could also add different dimensional elements to the pages and just use fewer pages if it got too big. In the book I did there are 7 signatures of two pages each and that seems to be about right.

I would appreciate if you could like my Facebook page. I will be holding a giveaway for some dies in the next week and that's where it is taking place, plus I post lots of other fun craft ideas and tips. Thanks so much for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment