Wednesday, 25 July 2012

Wedding Decorations

Happy Wednesday everyone,

Last weekend we celebrated the wedding of my two dear friends. I had the honor to be a bridesmaid which made the big even more special. I participated in the wedding preparations with creating some decorations, and in this task my Big Shot was a great help!

The wedding theme colour was purple so therefore you see different shades of purple in the decorations, too. 

Here’s a list of materials I used:

- Big Shot Machine (655268)
- Sizzix Accessory - Solo Wafer-Thin Die Adapter (656919)
- Sizzix Accessory - Cutting Pad, Extended, 1 Pair (655267)
- Sizzlits Decorative Strip Die - Regal Edging (657747)
- Textured Impressions Embossing Folders 4PK - Raspberry Frame Set (657717)
- Textured Impressions Embossing Folders 2PK - Tree & Flower Frame Set (657784)
- Framelits Die Set 6PK – Rectangles (657908)
- Movers & Shapers Magnetic Die Set 2PK - Mini Hearts Set (657212)
- Sizzlits Decorative Strip Alphabet Die – Alphabetical (657482)
- Pearlescent paper/thin cardstock (purple)
- Thin cardstock (light purple and white)
- Ribbon, rhinestones
- Two-sided tape, glue
- Repositionable tape

Framed Menu

Instead of placing printed menu cards at the wedding guest’s table we decided to display the menu at the buffet table. I took a standard A4 sized photo frame, printed the menu on heavy weight printing paper and placed it the frame. As decoration I cut with Regal Edging die a decorative strip from light purple thin cardstock. Super simple to make but looked nice and fancy.

Wedding Card

For the wedding card base I cut a 15x30 cm piece of light purple thin cardstock and folded it in half. Sure I could have used a ready-made 15x15 cm square card blank but I did not have one in right colour. In addition, I cut one 15x15 cm piece of the same cardstock for the card front.

I loved the image of ‘Tree & Flower Frame’ embossing folder and wanted the embossed picture to show both on the card front and on the inside. For creating the aperture I used the largest Framelits Rectangles die and cut a square at the top of the card front. Then I positioned the die at the same spot on the card base and cut another square. The Framelits dies are so simple to position you can see through the die. And for ensuring that the die would not move inside my ‘sandwich’ I took a little piece of repositionable tape and fastened the die before cutting.

Before attaching the embossed image on the backside of the card front aperture I adhered two pieces of ribbon on the bottom. The ribbon ends were secured on the back of the card front.

Then, using two-sided tape I attached the card front on the card base, embellished with two die-cut hearts, wedding couple monograms and a few rhinestones. The greeting text on the inside was written on a white square, cut with the same Rectangles die.

Place cards

The place cards were cut from purple pearlescent cardstock. I put the cards in the small frame embossing folder of ‘Raspberry Frame Set’ and run through my Big Shot. The scoring line in the middle helped me in positioning the cardstock inside the folder.

After making the first trial I realized that the pearlescent surface of the cardstock was breaking easily. The paper core was white so the cracks were a bit too visible on the dark purple card front. I solved the problem by putting a small piece of standard printing paper on the pearlescent paper before embossing. This trick prevented the surface from breaking.
The names were simply printed on light purple paper and attached inside the embossed frames. Done!

Have a nice and inspiring week!

No comments:

Post a Comment