Wednesday 5 February 2014

Every cloud.....




...... has a silver lining or so the saying goes. I want to share an idea with you which I used last year around this time, it made me smile back then and I has been trying to think of an excuse to resurrect it.

Love is in the air, which must mean that Valentines Day is on the horizon, I made a card for my wife while demonstrating at the recent Creativeworld trade show in Frankfurt,as I have done for the last three years, I'm sure that you will forgive me if I don't share it on my blog (although hundreds of people from all over the globe have watched it being made!).

I have used the Framelits die set Circles, Scallop (657552) for this card and you know how I like messing around with basic Framelits dies. apart from that I also used stiff white card and stripped paper from the Lovebirds Collection by Doodlebug Design.

I started by cutting a rectangle of the striped paper (11 x 6cm approximately) and I used my craft knife to trim between each line about half way down the rectangle. Next, I used my tweezers to grip the end of each strip before curling them to different lengths.

I cut a thin strip of silver mirror card and attached it down the centre for reasons which will become apparent at the end! Next I die cut two scalloped circles (the die is about 5cm wide) one of which I cut in two before attaching them together using 3D foam pads and I attached the third at the rear again using the foam pads to add dimension.



My card is now ready to assemble, I printed the legend 'You are my silver lining' on the base of a card measuring 18 x 10.5cm before attaching the stripped paper and finally my cloud was attached once more using 3D foam pads. I hope you like it, because I have just had an even better idea for next week!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment