Thursday 13 February 2014

The way to a man's heart!



I know that I said I would be using a different heart die to embellish a cushion, table runner or place mats this week but ...... change of plan!
As I was thinking about what to make for this week's blog I started to think that neither my husband or son's in law would be particularly impressed with any of the above - but what they do all like is cake, which I happen to love baking. So ......
I've embellished brownies with hearts -
First bake some brownies or any other favourite tray bake and allow to cool, when cool cut into squares.
Using die 656334 - http://www.sizzix.co.uk/product/656334/sizzi x-bigz-die-hearts cut the smallest heart in thin plastic or thick card -

Place the plastic over one square of cake -



and sprinkle with icing sugar -
I just happen to have a lovely cake stand to display the brownies on -

Now this will put a smile on my husbands face - and anyone else in the house tomorrow - and the great thing is - you can make it in time for Valentine's day tomorrow - or you could even buy ready made cake and decorate in the same way.
So now I'm going to do the washing up - and then get back to the sewing machine - or maybe I'll have a cup of tea and a slice of brownie first!
Enjoy your weekend.
Angela

1 comment:

  1. I bet they've all disappeared by now. Good thinking batman! :-)

    ReplyDelete