Thursday 12 April 2012

New fabrics

 By Angela Southey

Hello again, I hope you enjoyed Easter, and are now looking forward to the summer celebrations for the Queens jubilee and the Olympics.
To help with the celebrations there are some lovely fabric ranges - a few of which I have selected to show below
This selection is from the Cool Brittania range by Bernatex.
and this selection is from London Icons from Makower.
Now the only question is what am I going to make from them. My ideas at the moment include - cushions, tablerunners, teacosy, apron, bunting, lap quilt, bags, and even a cover for a kindle.
But before I start any of these projects I am going to finish painting and setting up my new sewing room. I have finally decided that I need to have a room just to sew in, after many years of having an area in the dining room. Next week I hope to have photos of the painted and furnished room to show you, and maybe even a small project from some of these fabrics.

                                                                         

1 comment: