Saturday 21 June 2014

Three Hearts Cushion



Hi to everyone, today I come back with another cushion, this time the Three Hearts Cushion that I have done using Sizzix dies .


My cushion is 13" x 13"





This technique is used to in scrapbooking and I wanted to do a chance on fabric.

Supplies List :


Scraps of fabrics for the hearts 
6"x 5.5" fusible web
14"x 9.5" floral fabric for the back
14"x 2" floral fabric for the back
14" x 5" linen fabric
14"x 14" linen fabric 
5" ribbon
1 button




First I chose my fabrics, some  in red ,pink and white on a dark linen I could get in our last trip to IKEA.


Sew some little scraps changing the size of everyone .







I  saw it can fit the die and press the fusible web on the back of the block before using the Big Shot machine.
Then only  cut  and prepared the back of the cushion as usually.
I centered  the three hearts on the linen and pinned





It was the time to applicate the hearts with my sewing machine with red thread.




And with the two parts finished  I sew  around right side together.





Now , I ´ve got a confortable cushion for my chair  and spent time sewing in my pation.











Hope you have a wonderful weekend
 
Love
Mercedes
 
 
...........................................*************............................................

Hola a todo el mundo, hoy regreso con otro  cojín , esta vez “ Tres corazones “ que he confeccionado  usando los troqueles de Sizzix.
 Mi cojín tiene una medida de 33cm x 33cm

Esta técnica se usa también en scrapbooking and quería probar  a hacerlo sobre tela.

Materiales:

Trozos de tela para los corazones
14cm x 15 cm de entretela para pegar con plancha.
35.5 cm x 24cm de tela de florecitas para la trasera
35.5 cm x 5cm de tela de flroecitas para la trasera
35.5 cm x 12.5cm de lino
35.5 cm x 35.5 cm de lino para el top del cojín
12.5 cm de cinta para el cierre
1 botón

Primero elegí mis telas , algunas en rojos , rosas y blancos que irían sobre un lino  gris oscuro que compré en IKEA
Cosí algunos trozos cambiando el tamaño de cada uno.
Comprobé  la medida para el troquel de corazones y pegué con la plancha la entretela.
Después corté los corazones con el troquel y preparé la trasera del cojín como es habitual.
Centré los corazones  con alfileres y apliqué a máquina con hilo rojo sobe el cuadrado de lino.
Monté el cojín dejando derecho con derecho y cosí alrededor.
Ahora tengo un cómodo cojín para mi silla y  estar cosiendo en el patio.

Que tengas un maravilloso fin de semana
Cariños 
Mercedes

1 comment: