Saturday 5 July 2014

Fabric Covered Die Cut Wreath


I am back safe and sound from my #PaperTrail trip! It was busy, fun, exhausting, and quite satisfying all in one. To read about my travels, start at Day 1 here.


Scotty, my vintage trailer, did pretty well but there are a few things I need to fix before I leave again in September for a two month trek to California.  I loved meeting lots of new people and sharing the Sizzix love with them.

Throughout all of the traveling and teaching, I didn't really have much time to create! So it was nice to have some time in the studio today to make a fun little summer wreath for the trailer. I used one of my favorite dies- the Cupcake Ruffle, along with the Butterfly, Flower, Layers #9 and Leaves.

Apologies for bad pics- couldn't find my camera last night...

I used the Cupcake Ruffle for something other than to hold a cupcake. I cut three and layered them to make a wreath! Cover the matboard with fabric before die cutting keeping the fabric in position using spray adhesive...


Cover the matboard with fabric before die cutting keeping the fabric in position using spray adhesive... then run it through the Big shot three times...


Trim off end sections of each piece, form into a wreath shape and glue it together.



Die cut a selection of large and small butterflies, flowers and leaves for the wreath.


Assemble your pieces and start laying out the arrangement that you like.


Once they are in place, add clear adhesive Zotz to the bottom of each piece and press them onto the wreath. Die cut about ten layers of coffee filter flowers, insert brad in the middle and fluff layers up. Tuck leaves cut from green paper in among the flowers.


Add butterflies as desired. I curled the wings to give them dimension and added double layers to some to make them look as though they are flying off the wreath.


Add a piece of lace for a hanger and you are all set! 

I would also like to invite you over to visit our sister site, The Artists on the Block, to see what amazing things are being created every day using Sizzix Artist Trading Blocks. Many of the projects are created by talented UK artists like Tracy EvansAnne Redfern and Jenny Buttons. You would be absolutely amazed at some of the things that can be created using blocks!

Thanks for stopping by and hope you are enjoying your summer...

2 comments:

  1. Not quite sure how I missed this post! Your wreath of flowers and butterflies is stunning Eileen, the colours are so pretty and fresh. Thanks you so much too for the shout out, very much appreciated! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic idea for using those cupcake wrappers Eileen! It makes creating the base for any floral/seasonal wreath so easy and your summer version is perfect for popping inside Scotty. Thank you so much for your shout out alongside my crafty buddies Anne and Tracy. Just knew they'd work their creative magic over at The Artists on the Block. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete