Friday 10 August 2012

Layered background - On the Edge dies

Hi again!
Today I want to share my next idea for using great Sizzix dies - this time I used Sizzix On the Edge Die - Distressed Doily (657496) to create a false doily element in my composition on the layout... well, you can say I'm really addicted to doilies, but sometimes you want a different look, new pattern....or you are just out of them, by accident! This is the perfect time to use our Sizzix Dies!

First, I came with general plan - I wanted to build the layers that way, to create an impression it is in fact a real doily... so I cut out the extra edges and saved just the pretty, fragile pattern:)


Then  I layered pieces of paper from new Prima Collection - "Zephyr" to cover the missing doily elements:) For me - it looked quite convincing, wspecially paired with a smaller one, taken from my small collection:)


Finally the layout was done: I mixed many layers and even used packaging as a part of the composition too! I think the final effect is quite cute and Tim Holtz die revealed its another, more delicate and feminine side, especially in the great company of Prima stamps, flowers and other embellishments!
I even saved little cut-out leftover in the shape of flowers or stars and used them in the layout too! They were just too tempting!


And here are some more close-ups for you!




I hope you found some inspiration - have a wonderful, creative week!
xo
Finn

No comments:

Post a Comment