Wednesday 1 August 2012

Urban card for a City Girl



Happy Wednesday everyone,

This week I wanted to show you a cool inking technique I used on a card background:

Here’s a list of materials I used:

- Big Shot Machine (655268)
- On the Edge Die – Townscape (656919)
- Square base cardstock, black
- Cardstock, dark grey and white
- Black stamping ink (e.g. Distress Ink: Black soot)
- Ink blending tool / sponge
- Paint dabber (e.g. Adirondack)
- Stamps: DoodleFactory: Urban collection, Sprunk. Studio Calico (Sentiment, arrow)
- Washi tape
- Two-sided tape, glue

First I die cut the ‘Townscape’ image on the top of the dark grey cardstock. The upper piece above the house roofs, which I normally throw away, became my stencil for the card background.




I started inking the background on the top of the white square cardstock. With an ink blending tool I dabbed a light layer of black ink on the white cardstock. When finished, I turned the stencil around, covered partly my first row of houses, and dabbed a second row of house roof images. This time I was using a bit more ink to get a darker result.




Then I attached the dark grey die-cut border (the lower part) below the inked houses and trimmed the card front to a size slightly smaller than my base cardstock. Before adhering the card front to the base I added some washi tape on the bottom.

The funny graffiti artist from DoodleFactory was just perfect for this card so I stamped the image on white cardstock and cut it out around the edges. I dabbed the white cloud with white acrylic paint (Adirondack paint dabber) and finished with a stamped greeting text ‘Hey Girl’. If you don’t have paint dabbers you can use normal white acrylic paint or gesso and dab it with a round sponge brush.

Especially when using black cardstock I finish the inside of the card on the same go. Then I don’t need to look for a white pen when I want to use the card. This time making the inside did not take much time: A simple white rectangle embellished with a few stamps was all that was needed for this urban city girl card.





Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment