Wednesday 15 August 2012

Layout with stamped background



Happy Wednesday everyone,

This week we are going to find new use for our fun foam sheets!
I wanted to show you a nice technique I learned from April 2012 issue of Scrap365 Magazine. Lightweight and flexible fun foam is a great material for scrapbooking as it cuts very easily with our Bigz dies. But have you ever tried embossing it?
For this layout I wanted to create my own patterned paper background. Instead of using my regular stamps I created one myself: I cut a hexagon of fun foam, put it in an embossing folder and run through my Big Shot. I was surprised how easily the texture of the embossing folder transferred to my fun foam shape and the piece of white foam transformed into a nice self-made stamp in just a few seconds! Sure you need to keep in mind that the embossed image will not last for too long and will eventually spring back. But when using your leftover pieces of fun foam it does not matter too much if the embossed piece cannot be reused several times.


After embossing I could use my hexagon shape just like any regular stamp. I used tiny pieces of two-sided tape to mount the embossed shape on an acrylic block and the self-made stamp was ready to be used.




Here’s a list of materials I used:

I created the layout background by stamping hexagon images quite randomly on a white cardstock sheet. The different shades of brown were made with only one stamping ink colour but with pressing the stamp on the paper several times without re-inking the stamp in between. I embellished the patterned background with a few long stitches around the hexagons.


The photo was mat on a piece of craft colour cardstock I wiped with brown stamping ink after embossing. Flower embellishments were cut from Kraft Glassine paper and crumpled before gluing on the background.



Hope this will inspire you to take out your fun foam sheets and start creating your own stamps!


Have a great week,

No comments:

Post a Comment