Thursday 31 January 2013

Hearts a flutter part 3





What a difference a few days make!
Last week as I wrote this blog the heating was on and there was about 10cms of snow outside, today the window is open, the sky is a beautiful blue and there are tiny snowdrops in bloom in the garden.
This week I have been away, with some of the team at Ellison, in Frankfurt at Paperworld.  Here we are with the stand set up – and it gives a tiny glimpse of things to come later in the year. 


 It also meant that I didn't have as much time to create as many blocks as I had planned, so I have decided  to make a wall hanging with 3 of my blocks.
 I chose 3 blocks that had a variety of shades of red and joined them together with 2.5” wide sashing as shown below.


I then added sashing down the sides to completely frame the blocks.


I layered the work with a backing fabric and wadding ready to quilt.
Next week I will complete the wall hanging and show you what comes next.
Happy stitching.
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment