Saturday 27 July 2013

Love Home Decor


As my first Christmas collection for Sizzix is hitting the stores, I can finally share one of the projects using one of my favourite dies that I have designed, Love, Phrase 658625.


I started by die cutting with my Big Shot between 8 and 10 Love Phrases, one layer at a time, using chipboard or mount board. Then, I glued each layer together, I like to use wet glue and apply it all over the die cut.


After I attach each and every layer, I make sure that it is well attached everywhere and that it is flushed to the bottom. Once that I glued all of the layers I make sure that it sits on its own, if not, you can sand the bottom to make it more smooth and/or add more layers.


This step is completely optional. As a bit of a perfectionist I like to smooth all the edges to create a more solid effect. So I apply a thin layer of Grunge paste and flatten it out around all the more visible edges. After all the paste has dried, I sand it a bit to make it completely smooth.


I like to use acrylic paints to cover the whole phrase. For this particular project I decided to give it a bit of shabby chic look, so I use white paint to give it a bit of a white wash look, and then I used  Treasure Platinum rubbing gently all over the front.


And here it is, in my front room. I love it!

--------

Como mi primera colección de Navidad para Sizzix está llegando a las tiendas, por fin puedo compartir un proyecto usando uno de mis troqueles favoritos, Love, Phrase 658625.

Comencé troquelando con mi Big Shot entre 8 y 10 LOVE, utilizando aglomerado de carton o tablero de montaje de uno en uno. A continuación, pegué cada capa a la anterior, me gusta usar pegamento tipo Tacky glue y aplicarlo por todo el troquelado.

Después de pegar cada capa, me aseguro de que estén bien conectadas en todas partes y que estén niveladas por abajo. Una vez que todas las capas están pegadas me aseguro de que se sostiene por sí mismo, si no, se puede lijar la parte inferior para que sea más suave y / o añadir más capas.

El siguiente paso es completamente opcional. Como soy un poco perfeccionista me gusta suavizar todos los bordes para crear un efecto más sólido. Así que aplico una capa de pasta de Grunge - o cualquier pasta de textura - y utilizo un espátula para alisar todos los bordes que sean más visibles. Después de todo la pasta se haya secado, la lijo un poco para que sea completamente lisa.

Me gusta usar pinturas acrílicas para cubrir toda la frase. Para este proyecto en particular, decidí darle un look Shabby Chic, así que utilicé pintura blanca para darle una pasada no uniforme y luego usé Treasure Platinum Rub utilizando mis dedos como pinceles aplicándolo muy suavemente por todo el frente.

Y aquí está, en mi sala de estar. ¡Me encanta!

No comments:

Post a Comment