I woke up this morning and fancied something a bit vintage largely inspired by the new Antique Faire range of dies and folders from Sizzix. I love this range because it is such an eclectic mash up, but they all seem to work so well together. I particularly love the Bigz dies which come with a corresponding embossing folder, such a clever idea!
I know that many of you love both paper crafting and sewing so I thought it might be nice to combine the two
Here is a list of what I used together with my Trusty Big Shot Machine:
- Sizzix Bigz Die w/Bonus Textured Impressions - Labels - 658465
- Sizzix Sizzlits Die - Sewing Machine & Bobbins - 658461
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 2PK - Doily & Doily Border #2 - 659058
- Decorative Papers - Lost & Found 3 by My Mind's Eye
- Plain Card Stock by Inspire Me Papers
I also used assorted Distress Inks, Perfect Pearls metallic Powders and Gold pigment ink.
I die cut a label from blue patterned paper and placed it into the corresponding embossing folder before running through my trusty Big Shot. I then used assorted Distress Inks (Mainly browns) to age the card I followed this up with some Perfect Pearls metallic gold powder to add a vintage patina. Next, I die cut a doily from ivory card and distressed with the inks, once dry I randomly applied a sanding pad to the edges.
I die cut the Sewing machine from gold textured card and deep grey card, I trimmed away the wheel, needle and bobbin from the grey card and distressed the edges of both. Next, I used a swirly embossing folder to add texture to the grey sewing machine and brought out the detail using a gold pigment ink pad.
Using My PC I printed to phrases 'I Love You...' and 'Sew much...Sew much...etc' onto cream paper. I trimmed each to size and added a faux stitch effect using a pattern wheel and brown fine marker before scrunching each printed strip and distressing with inks. I then attached the 'I Love You' strip to the centre of the label using 3-D foam pads.
I mounted the black sewing machine onto its gold counterpart andscrunched, creased and folded the 'Sew much' strip before attaching it to the assembled sewing machine as shown. Next, I mounted the doily and label onto the base card before die cutting the various reels and bobbins. I distressed the edges of the die cuts and wrapped each in assorted lengths of cotton before attaching to the assembled sewing machine after which, I attached the sewing machine to the base card using 3-D foam pads.