Thursday 7 November 2013

All I want for Christmas?



Just before I move onto a Christmas idea I want to show off my stash of hexagons.
As I mentioned before I have been travelling - to Cambodia to visit my youngest daughter and her husband - which entailed 2 flights, one of which was 13 1/2 hours long. So I needed several things to do to pass the time - and my hexagons were so useful - you can use a thread cutter rather than scissors and a small sewing needle appears to be allowed - so I managed to tack a lot of hexagons and stitch a fair number together. I'm still not sure how big this project is going to be - but I'll keep you up to date with my progress.
So now onto - All I want for Christmas? - as many of you, who have seen me demonstrating the Big Shot and Bigz dies at shows, will know one of my favourite dies is 657611 - the 2" finished half square triangle - which I can use to cut 32 triangles at time.
So how amazing would it be to cut 112 triangles in one go - which is exactly what you can do with the Bigz XL die - 658322 ( you will also need the Bigz XL 25" cutting pads) - there are 14 triangles on this die and cutting 8 layers creates 112 - how amazing is that.
If I didn't already have this treasure I would love to have it as a present.
I'm sure I can add to the list over the next few weeks - and also maybe come up with a couple of quick makes to give as gifts.
Meanwhile I'm going to carry on with my hexagons while enjoying a glass of wine.
Enjoy the cosy evenings.
Angela.
 

1 comment:

  1. Yee hah! I can try sewing next time I'm on a plane then I can sew; I've recently wanted to but didn't think they'd let me. I am going to give it a try next time I fly,it'll help the hours go much quicker and more productive

    ReplyDelete