Friday 15 November 2013

Perfect detail - Thinlits


Hi, it's great to see you here!
I'm having a time in my creative life when I'd like to use  a very limited color palette, focus more on the texture and free space than color. When it comes to texture - what can be better than layers of beautifully cut and ripped paper? Great, matching detail here and there makes a huge difference and it is great if you can decide what shape you want to use - and repeat this pattern many times too! This is one of the reasons why I like using Sizzix dies - I'm not limited with number of elements I want to use!
On the layout below I used just one cut-out element - but it is matching perfectly with the stencil, crochet doily and all the layers I put on the background. Simply perfect!


Here is the set I used for this project:
659010 - Thinlits die set - Christmas

You can see more on the close-ups:



All I needed here was a bit of watercolor - Distress Ink - some chalk paint and stamping - with my Vintage Vanity stamps from Prima. Finishing touches were done with soft pencil.

I wish you all a great, creative week!
best wishes
Finn

No comments:

Post a Comment