Saturday 20 December 2014

Crafting On The Go



I am just returning from a trip to Disney World with our daughter, SIL and grandsons- 2 1/2 and 10 months old. What a fun and magical experience to see the Disney characters through the eyes of little ones.

I have to say I did miss my creative time- those guys kept us hopping! But one thing I like about die cutting is that you can cut things ahead of time and bring them with you. I cut a stack of the new Recipe Cards & Labels and a few Recipe Card Boxes from the new Vintage Kitchen collection and tucked them in my bag. I was able to pull them out at various points when I had a few minutes to myself to create (after the little ones were in bed!) 

These dies are versatile- you can use them in so many ways! I really like how they feel when you die cut them from matboard- they are nice and sturdy to write on and take inks and sprays really well- but they are great cut from watercolor paper or patterned paper too.


The Recipe Card measures 3" x 4"- the same size as Project Life cards so they will fit in pocket pages. Or as the name suggests, they may be used for recipes or you could fill a box with coupons (one batch of cookies every month), flash cards for spelling or math, or adhere a gift card to the front. If you fold a piece of paper in half and place the fold just inside the cut line of the die, you can also make a small card. 

You can fit about eight to ten matboard cards in a Recipe Card Box. I also like to write on the box- on this one I lettered Eileen's Journaling Cards- but you can easily personalize it with a person's name, event or occasion.


The Recipe Card Box goes together so easily with just two lines of strong double sided tape- 
I used iCraft tape by ThermOWeb.


Today we had seven hours to kill at the airport waiting for our flight and I was able to work on some cards.






Visit my blog to see how to make these Quick and Easy Journaling Cards and for lots more ideas and inspiration on ways to use these Vintage Kitchen dies.

Here are just a few more ideas to tempt you! They were created by my amazing Inspiration Team:


 Lisa Hoel creates a festive gift basket with the Loaf Pan!



Shelly Hickox creates an adorable ornament with the Cookie Box die.


A walk down Memory Lane with Michelle Zerull- a storefront made from the Canister die.


 Tracy Evans makes an adorable Winter Wonderland Birdhouse with the Canister die!


Anne Redfern creates a Caroling vignette with the Artist Trading Blocks dies!

I hope you will join our Art With Heart Challenge and show us what you have been working on. A prize is involved!
                         

No comments:

Post a Comment