Monday 22 December 2014

Personalised Christmas table decorations using Sizzix dies







Last minute Christmas decorations? Well, if you are like me (always leaving everything for the last minute) then yes, is now or never!

Here is a simple way of making Christmas table decorations in the shape of napkin holders. The idea came because we are going to be six people during Christmas in my parents house, and since my parents insist on using traditional fabric napkins, I thought to personalized holders would be a good idea.


Since they only have to last about a week, i thought paper and chipboard would be good enough, otherwise I would have used fabric which last much longer and still can be die cut nicely. 

I used  Sizzix Bigz XL Alphabet Die - Word Play 657837, 659976 Sizzix - Ornament Tree by Paula Pascual and Sizzix Bigz Die - Circles 656333.
i attached the papers (Apsen Frost from Basic Grey) and attached them to mount board (the stuff used to frame pictures which is prettier than chipboard).
Then I die cut the circles (medium circle of the die) and die cut plain paper using the smaller circle included in the die.
I used the paper attached to the mount board to die cut the letters that correspond to our family's initials.


Using a distress ink, I inked all the edges and then glue them together. Using a glue gel I attached cardboard cylinders to the back.


I let the glue dry completely. I was going to take the easy option and spray paint the backs, but then I opted for paper. Finally, to add extra detail, I used the leftovers - all the little flowers and dots - from the Ornament Tree (659976 Sizzix - Ornament Tree by Paula Pascual).

And, this is how all looked together once finished, I quite like them!


And while my mum will insists on using proper table linen, I don't have any so I had to use kitchen paper towels for the photo. But you get the idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment